09/02/2011

Lovely Experience - Apple & Blueberry Crumble


I usually cook without measures and many of my recipes are a mixture of many recipes, ideas and tips (from my Mum, Grandma and Sister mainly). But I have been trying to think when I cook so I am able to share here.



For the filling:

3 Bramley apples (any other apple should do)
1 box of blueberries
4 tablespoons of sherry
3 tablespoons of sugar
1 teaspoon of mixed spices
1 teaspoon of ground ginger
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon

Preheat the oven to 200°C. Peel and core the apples. Cut the apples into chunks (not too small, otherwise it will melt completely when baked) and place the apples, blueberries and all the ingredients in a pirex (which goes in the oven), mix them together and bake it in an oven at 200°C. About 30 minutes should do. The apples will be tender and golden.

For the crumble:

You can be quite creative here and mix your preferred nuts, oats or just plain flour, sugar and butter.

15g rolled oats
25g wholemeal flour
20g sugar (I prefer brown sugar, but any sugar will do)
35g margarine or butter (I prefer butter)

Place the flour and oats in a bowl and mix well. Cut the margarine or butter in to small cubes and add this to the oats and flour. Mix with your fingertips until it resembles an even crumb texture. Add the sugar and mix through. Also, if you like, you can add some cinnamon.

Cover the roasted fruits with the crumble and bake it in the oven at 200°C for 20 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment